Traditionally, PICSciE has held interactive and hands-on live workshops and mini-courses (the original Spring 2020 lineup of live trainings is still listed for reference in the PDF poster near the bottom of this page). Due to COVID-19, we at PICSciE have been adapting some of our workshops to a remote format. While we will strive to preserve the quality and overall feel of our live workshops, all of us are in uncharted territory, and expectations should be calibrated accordingly.
Our transition to virtual workshops will proceed as follows:
- All in-person Spring 2020 workshops & mini-courses listed further down on this page are officially cancelled (the PDF poster with the original schedule remains up only for reference). Registrants have also been notified by email of the cancellations.
- In their place, remote versions of some of those workshops and mini-courses will be scheduled on new dates, including remote versions of some workshops from March that we cancelled previously.
- Prospective participants will need to re-register for these virtual events. An updated schedule of virtual workshops will be listed here later this week and announced through our mailing list (click here to subscribe).
- As with our live workshops, only individuals with active Princeton NetIDs may register for and attend our remote workshops.
- To facilitate logistics for now, enrollment for virtual workshops will be extremely limited (in most cases to 10 or fewer). As we gain experience, we may relax these caps or schedule additional sessions (contingent on instructor availability). In the meantime, given the limited seats, please do not register unless you are comfortable with the above disclaimers about the format and unless you can commit to attending.
We appreciate your patience and understanding during this unusual period as we strive to continue providing computing training to the Princeton community. If you have comments or questions, please email Gabe Perez-Giz (firstname.lastname@example.org), Research Software & Computing Training Specialist.
--The PICSciE Training Staff
Spring 2020 Virtual Workshop Schedule
Spring 2020 Workshops (cancelled)
The Princeton Institute for Computational Science & Engineering (PICSciE) in collaboration with OIT's Research Computing and other departments including Data & Statistical Analysis, Geosciences, Office of Population Research, Physics and PPPL, offer a series of workshops each semester on programming and commonly used research software tools.
Registration is now open at www.princeton.edu/training. Questions? email@example.com