There are three types of scratch disk available on each cluster:
- /tmp is local disk and is the preferred option for reads and writes that are local to a node.
- /scratch/gpfs (on Della, Perseus, and Tiger) are parallel filesystems that can be accessed from all nodes in the cluster.
- /scratch/network is NFS-mounted disk space accessible from Della (this will soon be permanently removed)
- None of the scratch filesystems are backed up.
- Scratch disk is available to all users and if the scratch space is exhausted, jobs may not be able to run.
- Please be considerate and purge any files that are no longer needed or move them to /tigress for longer term storage.